A torch flashlight is a necessary tool for everyday and professional uses. With advancement in manufacturing technology the equipment just got better. Torches are very popular among police and military personnel. Torches are used often for rescue operations, hunting, extreme survival conditions along with everyday use of walking down the street at night. The best torch flashlight review can help you to get the perfect one.
Table of content
Best Flashlight Size & Price Comparison
|AYL 3-in-1 LED||Check now||81.2mm x 17.6mm|
|LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight||Check now||HF-R 2’’|
|Pack of 4||Check now||4.7 x 2 x 2 cm|
|Xtreme Bright 8590A LED||Check now||38mm x 13mm|
|Xtreme Bright Ultra Pocket Work||Check now||25.4mm x 94mm|
How much brightness you need from the best torch flashlight ?
Torches can produce various ranges of brightness. You should buy torch according to the brightness range you prefer. Here is a list of tasks you can perform on different ranges of the brightness of the torch flashlight.
- 10-20 lumens : sensor tasks like looking inside a cupboard or a keyhole.
- 20 – 150 lumens : things at a distance of 120 meters will be visible. It is suitable for walking on the dark.
- 160 -200 lumens : can cover a distance of about 250 meters. This range is ideal for outdoor activities like camping, trekking, etc. This brightness is also appropriate for personal security.
- 200 – 500 lumens : ideal for tactical use, hunting, climbing, etc.
- 600 – 1,000 lumens : everything up to 300 meters distance will be visible. It is suitable for tasks like security, hunting, camping, and fishing.
Factors to Consider When Buying Torch Flashlight
Buying a torch flashlight can be complicated. With so many brands available in the market, it is often difficult to shop for the torch flashlight. Here are some of the major factors that you should consider while buying torch flashlight.
- Purpose : Torch flashlights produce over 1,000 lumens of light. For outdoor activities like camping and fishing, 300 lumens to 1,000 lumens light are needed. For household use, a smaller torch will be sufficient having 100-300 lumens of brightness.
- Material and weight : A good quality flashlight is manufactured using aircraft-grade aluminum. This makes the torches strong and light, for easy carrying. Torch flashlights made from hard plastic or stainless steel are also good. Torches made of aluminum are waterproof.
- Size : Size of the torch is an important factor to consider. If most of your purpose of buying torch is outdoors then you don’t want to carry a big torch with you all the time. This would be very inconvenient. Traditionally, torches were much bigger as the size of the batteries were big and needed to fit in. But now, manufacturers are considering portability an important feature of torches and so torches are now made very compact.
- Batteries : Normal alkaline batteries are a good option for the torch. But lithium batteries provide better runtime.
- Type of beam : Torches come with a number of choices on the beams. You can have torch flashlights with low, mid, and high levels of brightness. There are torches which produce a very thin beam, ideal for pinpointing an object. There is extra-large beam which is useful for covering a wide area. Torches with SOS function are very helpful for emergency situations. Torches with flashing mode are used for signaling.
- Brand : Always buy a well-known brand, that way you will be sure about the good quality of the product. Buying torch flashlight of a good brand will provide high performance, clearer light, signaling options, increased lifespan and many years of warranty.
It produces 600 lumens of light. It is very strong, compact in size and durable. There is the adjustable focus, so you can get both wide and thin beam of light whenever required. It is possible to even use this torch even in the rain as it is waterproof. There is a red ring towards the frontal end of the torch which helps to grab people’s attention from a distance. The product offers a 60-day money back guarantee as well.
This flashlight is well known in the market for its brightest light. It is so bright that it can even fry an egg! It produces 4100 lumens of light! It can even start a small fire if focused correctly. It is perfect for outdoor and camping trips. It can illuminate a large area. It is made of high quality aluminum and so is very strong and durable. It comes with a rechargeable battery. It is compact and portable.
It produces 300 lumens of light and it beams like a floodlight. It can be operated in three modes. It is tough and strong. The runtime of its battery is 4 hours. It is useful for a number of purposes, especially for security purpose when walking in the dark at night.
‘Smart Light Technology’ is used to make this torch. The options are controlled by a microchip. It is very compact. Its battery has a very long lifespan. There is a protective casing made of high grade aluminum. Its contacts are gold-plated and provide very good conductivity.
This torch feels light and has a matt black finish. It is a medium sized torch. It has ‘Advanced Focus System’ which joins lens and reflector to produce light of high brightness.
Technology has become so advanced that you can use a mobile phone as your torch flashlight. There are some amazing apps that allow you to do so. Some apps are paid while others are free. Here, we have compiled for you the top 10 free apps for Android.
- Color Flashlight : This app has many features. It requires the lowest permissions. You can easily switch on the LED flash of the phone. You can turn your mobile instantly to a flashlight of different colors. There is no advertising and no permission is required to communicate any personal information.
- Flashlight by Mobile Apps Inc : Its interface is great looking. It has an SOS signal which will help you in the case of emergencies. A compass is also included to help you guide through forests if you are out camping. You can use the compass and the flashlight at the same time.
- Flashlight by SimGears : It contains four widgets. It locks your home screen when the flashlight is switched on. It can automatically tell if the flashlight is not in use and so turns off the flashlight for saving battery.
- Flashlight HD LED : Flashlight in this app is controllable using a home screen widget. The screen turns into a flashlight. You have the option to choose different colors of the flashlight.
- Flashlight – Mega Flashlight : The flashlight can be used to form emergency signals. This flashlight works with the LED flash at the back of the phone, as well as, on the screen.
- Privacy Flashlight : It is a very small app with a low app interface. There is interesting information about problems related to flashlight apps.
- Super-Bright LED Flashlight : This has a beautiful looking interface. The intensity of light can be adjusted in this flashlight app.
- TeslaLED Flashlight : It has a simple interface. It includes features such as Morse Code and strobing.
- Tiny Flashlight + LED : It is also a very small app of just 1MB size. The home screen can be changed into a flashlight. This is one of the most downloaded flashlight apps.
- Torch : It has a home screen widget. Its size is also very small, only 1 MB.
Some Advice Regarding Buying Torch Flashlights
- The purpose of using torch flashlight should be the prime factor when buying the flashlight.
- You must buy torch flashlights with the brightness that will serve your particular purpose.
- Compact torch flashlights are always better.
- Buy a branded torch flashlight; it will last you longer.
- Consider the type of battery used in the torch flashlight; this way you will be cautious about your future expenses.
Torch flashlight is needed everywhere; from searching something inside your house to outdoor activities. It is useful in case of emergencies as well. Torch flashlight is an awesome gadget that will save you from many difficult and helpless situations.
Torch flashlights are waterproof, robust and durable. It is worth spending in a good torch flashlight due to its immense functionality and usefulness in all walks of our lives.