Want to buy the best rechargeable flashlight? Or best tactical flashlight? Do not have much time for doing research? Here I come up with a list of the best rechargeable flashlights and best tactical flashlights. I have gone through all the existing rechargeable flashlights on the market and made a quick review of the best available options. To do this, we mainly focused on the price and the features of the flashlights.
Best Rechargeable Flashlight
The best rechargeable flashlight will contain a powerful dedicated battery with an energy-saving LED that will last longer. There are two types of rechargeable batteries: 1. the batteries that need to be removed before charging and 2. the batteries that have the ability to charge internally like a cell phone.
Most rechargeable flashlights use Li-ion batteries like 10400, 14500, 16340, and 18650, and have built-in chargers of power.
Best Flashlight Size & Price Comparison
|AYL 3-in-1 LED||Check now||81.2mm x 17.6mm|
|LE Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight||Check now||HF-R 2’’|
|Pack of 4||Check now||4.7 x 2 x 2 cm|
|Xtreme Bright 8590A LED||Check now||38mm x 13mm|
|Xtreme Bright Ultra Pocket Work||Check now||25.4mm x 94mm|
Features & Benefits of Rechargeable Flashlights
Modern rechargeable flashlights come with many features like adjustable brightness, toggle on/off, momentary on/off, multi-beam color, shock and waterproof, and obviously rechargeable. The momentary on-off switch will help you to spring back switch-off mode, and it is the best option for temporary illumination. Toggle on/off option will allow you continuous use.
The use of the rechargeable battery in flashlights was a revolutionary idea in the late 70s. Nowadays a new technology is used to remove the black spot on the light which may cause visibility hindrance. The modern flashlights last longer than the older ones.
Most of the rechargeable flashlights use LEDs for more powerful and clear light. In 1899, flashlight makers used miniature incandescent electric bulbs which were not able to produce brighter light. Now flashlights are available in different sizes, colors with adjustable brightness.
As I already have said that the rechargeable flashlights are more expensive than the regular ones, but it will save your money in the long run. How is this possible? Usually, rechargeable flashlights are well built and use durable and long-lasting rechargeable batteries. You do not have to spend money on buying replaceable batteries again and again. Surefire flashlight will be handy these circumstances.
You can use rechargeable flashlights as tactical flashlights as well. All you have to do is to pick the correct size and get select a strong one.
How to Choose the Best Rechargeable Flashlight
Flashlights made of highest grade aluminum or quality plastics are most durable. Dirt, dust or water proof flashlights are most common ones in the market.
The key factors to consider while choosing rechargeable flashlights-
- Light Output
- Run Time
- Size and Weight
Expensive flashlights produce bright light as those have advanced bulbs and powerful battery. Multiple lighting modes will add some extra benefit to your daily usage. The very next thing you have to consider is the size and weight of the flashlight. Does it feel good in your hand? Is it easily portable? Whether it is waterproof and can be used underwater or not? How long can it throw lights? By answering these basic questions, you should go for your desirable ones.
Rechargeable flashlights are available from $10 to over $300. Now I would like to put some light on the core performance measures for better understanding.
Light output is measured in lumens, and it is the measure of the light intensity coming out of the flashlight. You can compare flashlights according to the brightness of light, but it will not give you the whole story. Beam distance, run time, and many other factors are also equally important comparison tools.
Beam distance is measured in meters. It is the point where light output diminishes to the equivalent of the light cast by a full moon on a clear night. For the safe and careful outing, full moon illumination is necessary. This distance will differ according to the selected brightness level.
Run time is calculated in hours. Run time differs with each light output setting.
To ensure the functionality of the flashlight after an accidental drop this test is done in the laboratory.
Waterproof flashlights are necessary for those who work in a rescue team and have to go through many extreme conditions.
Rechargeable flashlights are available in different sizes with different features. Some are small, some are large, whereas some others are nor too big or too small. There are also variations in the features and the light intensity. If you need to work at home, a flashlight of 300 lumens will serve the purpose. So, you have to choose the one that suits you best.
While purchasing an expensive flashlight, you may consider whether the vendor offers a warranty or not. The warranty period will vary from one year to lifetime.
Best 5 Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews:
- NiteCore TM36 SBT-70 LED
- Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS LED
- NiteCore MH1A CREE XM-L U2 LED
- EagleTac GX25L2 CREE
- Olight SR52 Intimidator
I did a lot of study and research only to make this useful and informative purchasing guide for you. I am sure that you will enjoy it and will not be disappointed.
NiteCore TM 36 is an excellent powerhouse, and it cannot be explained in words. It’s light pierces through the darkness so easily. NitCore TM 36 has already earned the title of world’s smallest but most powerful LED rechargeable flashlight with a maximum throw of 1100 meters. There are very few flashlights in the market that might come close to this powerful beast.
- Smallest yet powerful rechargeable LED flashlight
- LED light with a throw of 1100 meters
- Multi-output settings
- incorporated OLED display
- Thermal protection circuit
- Comes with high-performance battery pack
- Strongly built with aerospace-grade aluminum.
- Ultra-clear mineral glass for extreme reflector performance.
- Thermal protection circuit prevents the overheating problem.
- To double the run time this flashlight includes an NBP52 battery pack.
- You can see remaining battery life, beam distance, and temperature on the display.
- It works under water up to 2 meters.
- It does not charge too quickly, so you will need a backup battery for instant support.
- NiteCore TM36 is an expensive flashlight, but probably not for everyone.
If money is not a problem, then it would be a wise purchase decision. Whether you want to take
photographs during the night or misty weather, NiteCore TM36 could be your intimate friend. It is one of the best rechargeable flashlight ever produced.
The Streamlight with comfortable rubberized grip. 3-lighting modes: High, Medium, and Low, for different brightness level and runtime.
- C4 LED technology with a longer runtime (50,000 hours lifetime)
- Wide beam to illuminate a large area
- 1000 (approx) times rechargeable NiMH battery, NiCD battery can also be used
- IPX4 water resistant and comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- The Streamlight 75458 Stinger provides brighter light with more throw. Enough to illuminate an entire room like a floodlight.
- Consistent battery life and lasts long.
- Three light setting modes are amazing for battery life.
- Water and shock proof, a useful flashlight for police, night guards, and also for hikers.
- The lowest brightness setting is super bright, so the need for dim light may not be served with this light.
- It takes too much time for charging the battery.
- Despite some disadvantages, it is a nice flashlight for various uses. It fits easily in your hand and does not slip as it has rubberized grip.
NiteCore MH1A CREE XM-L U2 LED is an easily portable and chargeable flashlight. It has a strong built using aerospace aluminum alloy. Advanced charging technology has turned this flashlight into a smart one.
- Finest CREE XM-L U2 LED
- 550 lumens output level
- Up to 23 hours (approx) run time
- Intelligent charging circuit for rapid charge and voltage detection
- Multiple output settings
- Integrated micro USB charging port
- Water, dust and impact proof, submersible to 2 meters
- The real deal is that you can put this life saver flashlight in your pocket easily.
- It can blind anyone if you need to defend yourself against a criminal.
- Easily chargeable via mini USB port, no need to worry about getting a drained battery.
- Underwater photography is possible with the help of this rechargeable flashlight.
- The most important thing is it can take AA battery also, so you will never be without power.
- One handed operation could be a hassle as it needs to rotate the bezel almost 90 degrees to switch to normal mode.
- The switch is a bit stiff to power on.
Overall, NiteCore MH1A CREE is a nice light; most of the issues are minor and easily negligible.
It is a great daily carry option within the budget. You can count it as one of the best tactical flashlights.
EagleTac GX25L2 is an ideal rechargeable flashlight for outdoor usage. It gives you a comfortable feel in your hand. This light provides a solid throw with no dark spot. It has a beam distance of 293 meters or 320 yards.
- CREE XM-L2 U2 LED bulb
- Maximum output of 1220 lumens
- Four Brightness Levels in Regular Mode and Two Brightness levels in Tactical Mode
- Beam distance: 293 meters
- 15 hours runtime, Li-ion battery pack included
- EagleTac GX25L2 is the best lightweight, durable, and bright flashlight. It works exactly as manufacturer described on their website.
- You can get full brightness instantly just simply holding the button down.
- Easy and convenient charging option made this light a fantastic one.
- The wrist strap of the flashlight would keep it safe from being dropped.
- Some customers complained about a black spot in the center of the LED.
Apart from some minor annoyances, this flashlight is an excellent tool for everyone. Price,
features, and performance are a good blend for EagleTac GX25L2 flashlight.
The Olight SR52 Intimidator is a high quality, well engineered next generation flashlight. It is not too big and perfectly fits in your hand. It can throw light at a long distance and focus on the subject accurately. The SR52 is a great flashlight for everyday use at a standard price.
- Three output levels
- Maximum brightness of 1200 lumens
- Micro-USB port for easy charging
- Built in memory to return its previous brightness level
- LED indicator to notify while charging and when battery is low
- Three battery cavities to eliminate the need for carrying extra cells
- The solid metallic body of the flashlight will give you the feel of a space shuttle.
- Good throw, light weight, long battery life, and easy charging option can attract anyone to get this beautiful flashlight.
- You can use 18650 rechargeable batteries for longer run time.
- It doesn’t work well under water.
By far this light is my favorite for its price, size, performance, and unique construct. It is a nice
combination of all properties and is good at illuminating darkness. If you use the 18650 battery as suggested, it can turn into the best rechargeable flashlight category or even in the best tactical flashlight category. You can depend on the best olight flashlight review.
The Streamlight 74751 Strion is a high lumen professional flashlight with 200 meters of beam distance. It offers three microprocessor-controlled different intensity modes. The latest C4 LED technology combining with high power rechargeable batteries lower the operation cost of the flashlight. You can read about the Streamlight flashlight review in here.
- C4 LED technology for excessive brightness
- Strong anodized aluminum built body
- Having small ridges on the body for a sure grip
- A 50,00 hour lifetime
- A wide beam produces maximum illumination
- Water resistant IPX4 design
- High (runtime 1 hour), Medium (2 hours), and Low (3.5 hours) intensity modes are available for different purposes.
- One handed operation is possible because it has multi-functional push-button.
- Charge related LED notifications are also available in this flashlight.
- It has digital control circuit to avoid over charging.
- Its lower setting mode is too bright, so the need for extreme dim light may not be fulfilled.
The Streamlight 74751 is a perfect light for traffic stops. If you are traffic police, then it would
be a wise purchase decision for your night operation at a great price.
The NiteCore MH25 is very well made and has an excellent finish. It can throw light up to hundred yards without any dark spot and can produce brighter light. The NiteCore MH25 is a very handy tool for the people who work outside at night.
- For quick and safe charging it has smart charging circuit
- Micro USB port for convenient charging
- Water, dust, and impact resistant, IPX8 rated design
- Preferred brightness can be stored in its intelligent memory
- Both rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries can be used
- Whether you are a wildlife photographer or a firefighter, you can have day light like brightness in the middle of the night.
- You can charge it while driving to your workplace using its micro USB charging system.
- It has a great runtime with the included battery pack, but you can use your preferred batteries for better power backup.
- The programmable mode of this light can be messy for those who will not be able to find out the functions properly.
I can say that it would be a worth buying for what it offers. If you do not like to spend too
much on the flashlight, then this could be a better option.
The TM15 is the latest addition to the NiteCore’s small series collections. The TM15 is a bit longer than the TM11, but they have very similar strong built with the only exception in the light’s head. It is a very powerful light (2450 lumens in turbo mode) in comparison to others available on the market.
- Uses four 18650 or eight CR123A batteries but can run on a single 18650 or double CR123A batteries in case of emergency.
- It can produce 2450 lumens, 1300 lumens, 570 lumens, 300 lumens, and 95 lumens in the turbo, high, medium, low, and lower modes respectively.
- The TM15 has a maximum throw of 1,190 feet; you can illuminate a vast area using this flashlight.
- You do not need to worry about the overheating problem as it has thermal protection technology.
- The TM15 is a water resistant flashlight that works underwater up to 2 meters.
- It also has strong scratch resistant glass lens like its predecessors.
- The TM15 is bit heavier but still feels good in the hand.
- If you love camping and fishing, this little monster can be your ultimate companion.
- The TM15 is bit fat and heavy. Some people may not like to carry it in their pockets.
If you want a wicked brightest flashlight, buy this little beast. The price is bit higher but will pay back
by its powerful performance.
The Regen MMR-X is the first micro-USB chargeable flashlight in the Maelstrom product line. Five different user interfaces are available to which you can easily switch according to your needs.
- Different brightness levels such as Moonlight having 1-lumen output, 35 days low having 25 lumens output, 40 hours high having 150 lumens, and 8 hours burst having 800 lumens output.
- Includes 18650 (2600 mah) battery, power adapter for USB charging, USB cable, and much more.
- Li-ion 18650 battery is a must to run this flashlight. Using other batteries may harm the flashlight.
- The Regen MMR-X is a very bright, light weight, and easily rechargeable flashlight.
- This light can be easily mounted on the weapon. If you work in the PD or love to hunt, you will definitely need this light.
- There is an accusation regarding its actual light output level. Some people argue that it cannot produce more than 350 lumens.
So, if you are on a vacation and camping in the jungle or on a mountain, you will need the Regen
MMR-X of Fourseven Maelstrom series. Nothing can beat its slim and slick design.
The S10R Baton is an intelligent, multi-functional, extremely small but powerful rechargeable flashlight. There are different output settings with a maximum output of 400 lumens. One can carry it all day long pretty comfortably or on a camping trip. This is one of the best rechargable led torch available for the money.
- Micro-USB charging technology and includes a 650 mAH rechargeable battery.
- Includes a battery power indicator to notify low battery
- Overheating protection technology for safety
- Built-in memory function to return to its previous brightness level
- To locate the flashlight after an accidental dropping, it includes glow-in-the-dark o-ring in the bezel.
- The best combination of size, features, built quality, light output, and price.
- It has a 5-year free fixing or replacement warranty which is great.
- You can carry this small flashlight easily, just through into your pocket before a night work.
- Micro-USB charging option allows one to charge the flashlight at his or her convenience.
- Some argued that it cannot produce lumens that it promised.
EBL Rechargeable AAA battery is the best rechargeable battery in our opinion. It has over 2000 reviews on Amazon which is unbelievable.
It has very low self discharge and almost 1200 cycles of lifespan.
It even is Polution friendly.
This is one battery to watch out for. In our opinion this is the best battery for flashlight.
Here is a video for the best rechargeable flashlight:
Almost all the above-mentioned details works for best tactical flashlights as well. But you should check the size carefully when working with it. Tactical flashlights are mainly used for tactical purposes. Different purpose needs a different size. Read this article to get a clearer view.
URPOWER Tactical Flashlight is one of the best rated tactical flashlights on the market. You can go for it with your eyes closed.
If your budget is low, you can go for this tiny flashlight with various functionalities. It works fine for regular household users. So, think carefully if you want to go for best rechargeable flashlights or best tactical flashlights.
Rechargeable Flashlight Infographic: